We’ve missed you! Here at Dakin Farm, we have been busy forming a plan, educating our staff, and incorporating additional safety measures into our stores to ensure our store reopening will be a comfortable experience for all.
Both Dakin Farm locations are now open for walk-in shopping and have expanded hours as well;
Ferrisburgh will be open from 8am until 6pm seven days a week.
Dorset Street will be open from 9:30am until 6pm Monday through Saturday and 10am until 5pm on Sunday.
As with just about everything these days, things will be a little different and we wanted to let you know what we will be doing to ensure your safety and ours.
In order to ensure everyone’s safety, we have added a few requirements for in-store shopping;
• Our stores will be limiting the number of people in stores. For our Ferrisburgh location, our capacity will be limited to 15 customers in-store at one time. Our Dorset Street location is limited to 8 customers in-store at one time. We will have signage posted outside or a staff member by the door to notify if we are at capacity and ask that you wait for a customer to exit before you enter.
• Please do not visit if you are experiencing any symptoms or feel unwell. You may not enter if you have a fever of 100.4 or cold symptoms including cough or shortness of breath.
• Our staff will be wearing face masks at all times and we ask that our customers do the same to help keep our valued employees and more vulnerable shoppers safe. We will have a sanitary, disposable mask available if you need one and would like to shop in-store. If you are unable to wear a mask or choose not to, please use our curb-side option and we will bring your order out for you.
• Hand sanitizer will be available immediately upon entering. We ask you to use sanitizer once you enter and before you start shopping.
• Social distancing will be required. We have markings on the floor in front of the cash registers to help with proper spacing while waiting to check out. We ask that customers are mindful of the minimum 6 foot spacing between other customers and employees while shopping throughout our retail spaces.
• Please limit your group to 3 people.
• Creemees are available! You may not eat creemees inside of our stores, but we have plenty of picnic tables outside of our Ferrisburgh location and seating around our tractor outside at Dorset street for you to enjoy!
Please know that the same smiles that greeted you as you walked in will still be there, just safely behind a face mask. Thank you for all of your patience, respect, and understanding during this time. If you are interested in reading more detailed steps that we have taken to ensure safety moving forward, you are welcome to continue reading below.
We understand that this is a stressful time and if you’re uncomfortable shopping in-store, both locations will continue their curbside pickup option as well. Please call or email the corresponding store to place your order;
Ferrisburgh; 802-425-6712 | FTaylor@dakinfarm.com
Dorset Street; 802-658-9560 | KKimball@dakinfarm.com
If you are unable to visit us to get your Taste of Vermont, we are happy to send a Taste of Vermont to you! We continue to ship our products quickly and safely nationwide with 24/7 access to our online store and customer service phone line – 1-800-993-2546.
More detailed information about the steps we have taken on our end; All of our staff have completed the State of Vermont COVID workplace training as presented by VOSHA. Our employees will complete a symptom questionnaire and temperature check upon entry and employees with a temperature greater than 100.4 and/or reporting any symptoms will not be able to enter the facility. Employees are encouraged to stay home if feeling ill and to seek care or advice from a medical professional before returning to work. Employees are instructed to conduct hand hygiene at all appropriate times and whenever possible. Employees have access to hot water, soap, and/or sanitizer in all areas. We have increased sanitation of common areas and frequently touched items. Chemicals and cleaning solutions used for disinfecting and sanitizing are approved for use against coronavirus and the employees who handle chemicals receive training and access to PPE. Protective barriers have been professionally installed at every register to further protect our sales associates.