Posted on 04. Jan, 2011 by blogadmin
Need a little boost of healthy Omega-3 fats in your system after the holidays? Taken from “The Official Vermont Maple Cookbook,” this recipe will satisfy your tastes as you get your appetite back into check and make you feel a little lighter in the New Year.
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup pure Vermont maple syrup
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs finely chopped onion
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 salmon fillets
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; divide in half and refrigerate one half for basting.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large sealable plastic bag.
- Add salmon to bag and seal it, then turn to coat both sides
- Refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- When done marinading, drain and discard marinade.
- Broil salmon 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and baste with reserved marinade.
- Broil for 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently.
This is a light and healthy dish satisfying any appetite — perfectly accompanied with a fresh garden salad and brown rice.