Posted on 01. Sep, 2010 by blogadmin
Bored with chips and dip or cheese and crackers? Include seasonal flavors in your appetizers at your next big celebration and leave a great impression on your guests! Create this delicious app with seasonal VT apples, Dakin bacon and maple syrup. Follow the simple 5 step recipe below and WOW your next crowd.
Maple Bacon Apple Appetizers
- 1/2 lb bacon sliced and cooked partially
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 apples, cut into 6 segments & in 1/2
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Roll bacon around apple and hold together with a toothpick.
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan together.
- Roll bacon and apple in bread crumb mix.
- Mix maple syrup, dijon and egg together, then roll in maple syrup mix.
- Bake until bacon is cooked.
Recipe from The Official Vermont Maple Cookbook, third edition